Health and Safety
Updates for Attendees – we’ve got you covered with our relaxed cancellation policy!
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada for everyday activities, work and public events.
Because 90% of our attendees are local (0% of our attendee base is from overseas), health risks at our events are low. For peace of mind, however, we’ve added the following health and safety protocols to ensure that attendees enjoy a worry-free event:
- Our new relaxed cancellation policy allows for a relaxation of our standard cancellation clause. If sickness prevents you from traveling or attending, we will waive the usual cancellation administration fee and offer a full credit to next year’s event. We have also waived all substitution fees and will allow a replacement attendee to take your place right up until the event. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any cough or flu-like symptoms within 2 weeks prior to the event, have visited a high risk area or been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within 60 days of conference - we kindly ask you to stay home – we'll see you next time!
- All attendees are reminded to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching your face and cough into your sleeve. Additional signage will be in place to remind attendees.
- Conference organizers are carefully following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Public Health Agency of Canada, and follow Canada's Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, on Twitter at @CPHO_Canada.
- Our venues are redoubling cleaning, disinfecting protocols and other relevant health and safety measures. The cleaning products that are being used have demonstrated effectiveness against viruses. Venues are expanding the availability of hand sanitation stations in all public areas. The safety and well-being of the guests and employees is of paramount importance. "
Health & Safety FAQs
With flu season here and the heightened awareness of the COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus), attendees may have questions regarding upcoming conferences.
Is the conference being cancelled due to COVID-19?
No. We are happy to confirm that our events have been unaffected. The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low in Canada for everyday activities, work and public events. 90% of our attendees are local and none from overseas.
What happens if I register and then get sick, or need to change my travel plans?
Considering current health and travel concerns, we have relaxed our cancellation policies so attendees can enjoy a relaxed cancellation policy . If you need to cancel due to COVID-19, we are happy to waive our administration fee and grant a full credit for you to attend next year. We have also removed all substitution fees. If you have a question about this policy please contact email@example.com.
Where can I find the latest information on COVID-19
Conference organizers are monitoring official health advisories in Canada. For the latest and most up-to-date information you can visit the Public Health Agency of Canada's web page on COVID-19. or follow Canada's Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, on Twitter at @CPHO_Canada.
Cough or flu-like symptoms?
If you have any cough or flu-like symptoms within 2 weeks prior to the event, have visited a high risk area or been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within 60 days of conference - we kindly ask you to stay home this year and join us next time.